This job post was found on Craigslist. Apply for the job via the link on that page.
We are seeking a talented and passionate game writer. As a writer on this creative team with our company, you will be part of the team responsible for driving the game story. The ideal candidate is an experienced multi-media story-teller with excellent competency in game writing and a passion for the PC and/or SmartPhone game narrative. The writer will be relied upon to collaborate across the team to bring the game story to life.
• The writer is responsible for developing the story, pitching scenes, writing scripts and refining game pacing.
• Be familiar with the current state of game writing across a wide range of genres across all platforms.
• Help us push our narrative design further by identifying issues and offering solutions.
• Provide a receptive ear so that other team members can offer input on the game story and narrative design.
• Evolve the narrative pipeline.
• Evangelize the game story and narrative vision to the team.
• 2+ years experience as a writer or narrative designer
• Must have shipped at least one AAA game.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent game writing experience.
• Knowledge of cinema and cinematic techniques.
• Understanding of voice directing and editing techniques.
• Excellent understanding of 1st and/or 3rd person game-writing.
• Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent understanding of
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Passion for first-person shooters and multiplayer gameplay.
• Passion for strong, character-driven game story content.
• Experience with game editors and scripting systems
• Ability to work and contribute effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Writing sample
- Location: Eastside
- Compensation: 30-40 per hour DOE
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.