This job was posted at NWJobs.com. A link to the application can be found on the page.
Title: Narrative Designer : Redmond, WA
Job ID: 600009065
Location: Redmond, WA
Description: We are looking for a talented and passionate Narrative Designer. You will be a part of the team responsible for the technical implementation of the game story. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with scripting, a strong sense of story-telling, and a passion for the Halo series narrative.
* Under supervision of the Narrative Director, the Narrative Designer is responsible for technical implementation of game content.
* Collaborate with the design, art and the audio teams to design and implement the story using the game editor and scripting systems.
* Pace story content to tell an active and exciting story.
* Be familiar with the current state of narrative design across a wide range of genres across all platforms.
* Help us push our narrative design further by identifying issues and offering solutions.
* Provide a receptive ear so that other team members can offer input on the game story and narrative design.
* Evangelize the game story and narrative vision to the team.
* 2+ years experience as a Narrative Designer, VO Scripter or equivalent.
* Shipped at least one AAA title as Narrative Designer, VO Scripter or equivalent.
* Excellent understanding of scripting languages
* Excellent sense of pacing and knowledge of cinematic techniques.
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
* Enthusiasm for the game series and passion for the game story.
* Ability to work and contribute effectively in a team environment.
* Ability to meet deadlines.